ELLAKTOR Group’s employees are the driving force behind the Group and its most significant comparative advantage. The Group’s ability to implement complex projects under technical difficulties and stringent timelines, is attributed to its employees, who contribute their knowledge, professionalism and dedication to offer high quality services to customers and partners.
The Group invests in the well-being of its people and in shaping a positive working environment. It seeks to create the appropriate structures and working conditions that will promote employee training, development and advancement, offering equal opportunities and supporting diversity.
Employee training and development
The training and development of the Group’s employees constitutes one of the most important pillars for achieving the Group’s business targets. 2019 was a year of reorganization for the Group, characterized by the creation of the Training and Development Department at Group level and the establishment of new staff training procedures.
In 2019, 32,819 training hours were carried out (26,953 for men and 5,866 for women). The average training hours per employee amount to 6 hours (7 for men and 4 for women). The total expenditure of employee training for the year amounted to €137,432.
Health and Safety
Safeguarding health and safety of all Group employees is an important part of the Group’s overall corporate culture and philosophy. The Management is committed to:
- Continuously maintain and improve health and safety in the workplace.
- Facilitate employee consultation and participation for the design and review of Health and Safety Management Systems.
- Comply with existing national and European legislation and implement all regulatory requirements, including the required inspections and control actions.
- Conduct continuous training and informing of its employees on issues related to health and safety in the workplace.
- The Group aims to minimise accidents and occupational diseases in the workplace, by preventing and assessing occupational risks and taking all necessary precautionary measures.