The Group’s key objectives and strategic priorities include the effective management of the environmental impact from its operation, taking all the necessary prevention and corrective measures to protect the environment and natural resources, and seeking to systematically have the lowest possible impact on the environment.
Protecting the environment is a matter of importance for ELLAKTOR Group, due to the very nature of its projects and the services it provides. The Group’s environmental policy is focused on two areas:
- Use of environmental management systems to achieve maximum minimisation of the impact of projects on the environment, and taking initiatives on recycling, energy saving and the protection of flora and fauna.
- Group operations in areas promoting environmental sustainability, such as wind and solar projects, as well as waste management, recycling and energy recovery from waste projects.
As the Group’s strategy focuses on the prevention and minimisation of the impact from its operations, its subsidiaries apply certified environmental management systems.
- AKTOR, HELECTOR, AKTOR FM, TOMI, ATTIKI ODOS and ATTIKES DIADROMES, MOREAS and AKTOR CONCESSIONS apply environmental management systems certified according to ISO14001.
- AKTOR is the only construction company in Greece certified according to European regulation Eco-Management and Audit Scheme – EMAS, registered under registration number EMAS EL-000012.
- AKTOR, AKTOR FM, ATTIKI ODOS, ATTIKES DIADROMES and MOREAS apply environmental management systems certified according to ISO50001.
The use of environmental management systems at Group and subsidiary level, ensures environmental compliance, the management of all kinds of waste, savings in energy, natural resources, raw materials, but primarily ensures the environmental control of projects and activities, resulting in higher environmental protection.
This way, the Group meets the precautionary principle and contributes, in the regions where it operates, to:
- environmental protection, including the prevention of pollution;
- sensible / rational use of natural resources (water, raw materials etc.);
- the promotion of measures intended to address local or global environmental problems, and mostly to combat climate change that threatens climate conditions.